Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 February 2019

The birds are singing






It is still dark in the morning when I get up, however this morning I heard the blackbirds singing which is always a very happy sound. It is moving ever nearer to the cricket season.

Yesterday at work was a worrying day as my South African Project Manager looks at breaking point due to 'Richard Tator', both of my PM's are unwell, one with a serious back and hip problem, the other having scans and tests due to continual feeling of sickness, which has resulted in him hardly eating.
To say that I am concerned is an understatement, these two are a huge part of my team and at the moment there is little that I  can  do to change the situation for either of them.

Today however 'Richard' is having a day off (YEAY!!!) and 'Richard 2' stays in his office playing solitaire on his computer.......................so as it is 'Mortys' ( Project engineer) birthday, I have organised bacon butties, and pizza for lunch. Not that 'Our Ian' will eat any!!!
A days respite for us all.

And then there was cricket.

Yes we won the test against the Windies and well done to the boys.
However I am worried, seriously worried,after listening to the Joe Roots interview.
We have lessons to learn apparently.
Are these the same lessons we have been having to learn over the past few years? or are they different lessons?
Why have we not learnt them after all the talk about it?
Also it seems winning one match after losing two is 'massive going into a really important summer.'
NO IT ISN'T!

Firstly that attitude is what is wrong with this team.
Secondly going into a massive summer losing a series is not adequate.
Thirdly, someone needs to come up with some new quotes for the Captain to use, these old ones are becoming a little stale.

I am now heading to see Big Al, with the brekkie order and then try to rally my troops.

Bring on the working for myself, it is getting more and more desirable as the days go by.

Have a Happy 'hump' day we are on the downward run to the weekend.



No comments :