Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2019

When in Rome....









....well I am not actually in Rome, I am in Ladylaineyville, but one of my office boys has just come back from a weekend break there, and so we had a great morning  listening to his tales.

Apart from the fact that he thinks he may have to remortgage his house to pay his credit card bill, he had a fab time.
Although I thought ( being from Yorkshire and all that) 20 Euro a tad steep for two ice creams!

He got back unscathed after we ribbed him for weeks that his girlfriend had picked Valentines Weekend in anticipation of a big question being asked or asking it!!!!!

Sadly I will not be buying a big hat this summer.

We got to talking about things we have seen abroad ( clean things) that have stayed with us.
Mine was the chip vending machine in Valencia train station, seen  when Jon and I were travelling around in the early 90's.
You put your money in and it fried chips and dispensed them.
As this is not now seen world wide , I take it that the safety factor of a machine frying chips in hot oil ( you could hear it all going on) may have seen the demise of this fabulous invention.

Quick check on google and over the years they have been trying to modify this machine to be used in public places.

One of the boys had seen in Bulgaria, a horse and cart being driven by an old chap sitting in a leather chesterfield type armchair!

I think the funniest was  when 'Mickey Dripping' said he wasn't much impressed by that church in Barcelona!

And now there is cricket to discuss.


Firstly let me say in a totally unbiased way that I am not totally believing the result of the Yorkshire  Best T20 moment'
Anyone who voted will have seen that TLJL catch was way ahead of the Lyth/ Finch catch on both social media platforms ( FB & Twitter).
However Lyth/ Finch won.

That said, I think  that TLJL's catch was outstanding and will be talked about for years to come ( if I have anything to do with it).

And then there is other cricket

Well now Scotland have been playing against Oman and  I have to say that Ruaidhi Smith  has been bowling  brilliantly.
He might even be heading into my top 10 bowlers for the 2019 season.
So now that this cat is out of the bag, I am sure that his hits on google will have gone up considerably.

Nasser Hussein is backing Jofra Archer to get a place in the England team as soon as he qualifies.Actually he is saying that he has  to be picked.
I hadn't realised that he had gone from miserable Sky pundit to chief selector!
Yes lets throw another player in the England mix
I am sure that he is the saving grace for England, I'm sure that he will bring something to the team that they are lacking....................

yeah whatever!

And now  I am off to the Post Office to send a thank you to the wonderful gang at Flicx UK for my new roll out wicket that I have received. A fabulous gift and much appreciated.
Happy Wednesday.





No comments :