Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 February 2019

White and beautiful






I am not a great fan of snow when you have to drive to work in it, however I can appreciate how wonderful it can make a dull and bare winter landscape look.
Yesterday after finally getting through to work ( 10 miles,2 hours), I sorted out the butties from Big Al and then had to go and get other supplies from Morrisons ( because office boys lose the use of their legs when they get to the office, oh and it was cold outside!).
The walk to the Brick Train looked stunning with white paths instead of muddy puddles.
This morning the sky is ( as my Mum would have said) 'heavy' with snow, although the forecast isn't saying that.

As with all things this year I am putting a positive spin on the whole snow thing, it will give me an extra boost in my morning walk that's for sure.
And walk I am to the post office ( standard!) and  then a spot of retail therapy in the town ( hardly going to break the bank), then home to do a spot of painting ( yes back on the decorating, it never stops).
And then cricket...................................

which will make for more miserable viewing.
I'm not giving any recap on yesterday, those in the know, know and  those not in the know are lucky!

Interesting to read that Darren Lehmann former coach of 'cheats United' has been commenting on out of form Usman Khawaja, saying he should miss the the rest of international ODI's and play Sheffield Shield.
How anyone can listen to a man who claims he had no knowledge of what his team were doing is beyond me.
Stick to reading the (sand) paper mate


Over in SA,sadly de Kock will not be playing in the upcoming T20i  after picking up a groin injury.

In County news Ben Foakes has renewed his contract with Surrey, as have both the Curran kids, their contract will bring them through puberty no doubt,.

And with that I am off to the town.

Happy Saturday, catch you Monday as tomorrow is my day of blog rest.

No comments :