Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Sunshine



Isn't it amazing what a difference sunshine makes, people smile more, and look happier, I feel happier, until I see dust that the sunshine is highlighting!
We have been basking in  sunshine for the past few days and the temperatures are much warmer than they should be.
This time last year we were in the grip of 'The Beast from the East'!!!

I am hoping ( yes I know its a while yet) that this manages  to stick around for the start of the season, I'm not sure how much bag room I have in my new seat! I'm thinking about 'flaskage' ( the theory of how many flasks you can get in an area).
I need two soup flasks to keep me going and two coffee flasks to keep me caffeinated, and then there needs to be room for my handbag and Pink Hippo...............I may need a row of seats!

Anyhoo that is in the future and there is a lot of rain to fall before then.

So what has been happening in the cricket world

Well we were having wall to wall sunshine and England were having rain in the Caribbean! The game was washed out. Not a single ball bowled.
Series is tied with the next game being played on Thursday.

Life in the land of waste and drinking water is now at its lowest ebb.
The constant pushing the boundaries by one person has now caused maximum agitation with my boys.
I spoke to Dick Tator about it and was duly informed that this person had recently  negotiated flexi time, 30 days holiday ( salary sacrifice) and home working. When I asked why everyone else was not included in this he told me that 'if everyone had flexi time and home working there would be no one here at 5pm'.
I replied 'at this rate there will be very few people here on Friday!'.
After the episode with my holidays at Christmas, its a little bit irksome.
I fear that my desk may soon be littered with more resignations.

oh well less moaning and more doing.
And now I am off to see what happens today.










No comments :