Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 June 2019

Another week begins


and its a wet start, I was woken up at 3am by the sounds of monsoon like rain which has now turned to a trickle. June is being less than flaming.

The weekend has been busy and yesterday saw 3 trips to the dechetterie, where the last bastion of
Englishness goes out of the window. As you enter the gates of the tip, good manners ( along with queueing ) do not exist.
As I was trying to lift a bookcase into the skip, I nearly went into it, as I was pushed by a man with a huge piece of wood.As I tried to regain my balance and let go of the bookcase, he again pushed me with the wood. I said to him, 'if you hang on a mo, you can get that in after me'. His reply was ' just get out of the 'flipping ( words have been changed to protect the innocent ears) way', then went off mumbling about woman at the tip.

nice!

More things have been packed including the winter coats, which if this weather doesn't change I may be needing again!.

Cricket was on and I was listening, with tears in my eyes. It was bye bye to my beloved South Africa. They have had rubbish results and need to go away and regroup.


Twitter is still the place for all the info , and most especially for info on the fiasco that was the toilets and bars at the World cup match at Headingley.
I had tweeted Yorkshire on Friday after queuing for over 45minutes at the bar only to get to the front of the queue and be told that they had run out of beer, I had no response form Yorkshire ( which is no surprise as I never do).
however our former chairman has been keeping us abreast with updates on this matter...................THE FORMER CHAIRMAN!!!!!???????

This leads me to the question that I asked at the AGM, as to whether the Chair and the board would be interacting on Twitter this season. It was eventually suggested that we had Q & A's with the group on Twitter, which  has still not happened.

So to our current Chairman, please make yourself available to answer the questions from the members especially those who would like to know why services were in trouble on Friday.
This was our big showcase of our new stand  and to show the club in a great light.
I am sure that the wine and beer did not run out in hospitality!!!

Now back to our former chairman, who has shown real dedication to the club despite standing down last year, good on you Steve, you've shown you are real Yorkshire. And Happy Birthday to you too.

To those who tore him down behind his back, think on as to what we have in charge now!

No comments :