Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Strange couple of days



Here I am on Tuesday , still in bed at 8am and feeling a lot better than I have over the last couple of days.

Sunday saw me very busy at the tip and the charity shop dropping off more things ( yes there is more).
By Sunday afternoon I felt very unwell , but thought that I would be fine after a nap.
Nope!
In fact by the bed time, my head felt as if it was going to explode and my heart was beating out of my chest.

fast forward to the hospital, where my blood pressure was ' exceptionally high' ( apparently very very high), and what seemed to be a battalion of vampires queueing up to get my blood.

By 3am I had finished John Fullers new book 'Last of the summer wickets' and was starting on another

By 4am the blood that had been taken showed that I was very very ( they used this phrase a lot ) low in potassium and this was the cause of the whole 'unwellness'.
Luckily ( with my track record) the ECG;s showed nothing with my heart, as did the xray and various other tests.

By 6am I was so tired that I was dropping off in between having to drink a mixture that was boosting my potassium levels bit by bit and having my blood pressure taken.

I finally arrived home  mid morning and headed straight to bed, where I stayed all day apart from having more blood taken and my blood pressure checked again ( I will be off to have it done again in a moment).

It all seems very dramatic now, but due to the recurring problem that I have, I can honestly say that I was more than a little worried on Sunday.

The NHS where wonderful. I was in A & E for over 10 hours awaiting test results and treatment, but never once was anything that I was worried about ignored.

Thanks to my lovely friends who messaged me yesterday, it was very much appreciated.
I hope to be back to 'normal'  very very soon ( although what normal is I have no idea).


Have a great Tuesday


No comments :