Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 June 2019

New week begins



Well here we are at Monday and a new working week begins.

The weekend has been a great one, with much happening.
Saturday saw us taking a trip to beautiful Wentworth House and gardens, after having breakfast of course!.

Absolutely stunning and somewhere I had wanted to visit since I read the book  'Black Diamonds' by Catherine Bailey.
If you are interested in Yorkshire history this is worth a read.

We then headed off towards the Derwant reservoirs, where, during the second World War the pilots trained for Operation Chastise, known to us as the Dam Busters raids. I have always been fascinated by this operation.

We then went to Castleton, an absolutely stunning place and well worth a visit, beautiful scenery, a magnificent church ( complete with family pews ) and lots to see and do. ( The devils Arse being not for the faint hearted!).

It all was over to quickly and I was home before 7pm after a very pleasant drive on an almost empty A1.

So yesterday started with the usual washing, and I managed to get bedding etc dried before rain arrived mid afternoon, I, by this time was busy watching the cricket South Africa v Bangladesh.

It didn't pan out how I would have liked but  it was a great game.

Today is windy and overcast in Ladylaineyville, which is OK by me,as I will be stuck in the office for most of the day.

My boys are in action at home against Essex.
My teeny Tykes are  not in action for a couple of weeks and then will be taking on Durham before the  Semi Final on Friday 21st June.

And I am now heading out the door, the schools are back after half term so the roads will be chaos.

Have a great day







No comments :