Powered By Blogger

Thursday 27 June 2019

The things that I've accumulated








I know that I have touched on the packing up on so many occasions you must be all sick to death of hearing about it.
However last night as I was packing a box of 'knick knacks' I was transported back to the places that I had picked them up.


The saris from India, went into the bottom of the packing box, all 9 metres of silk! Ah brilliant times!
The little elephants from both India and Africa, in ebony and marble.
Small brass table from Tunisia and tagine from Morocco.
Olive wood  dish from Cyprus which I use frequently.
Along with many other things from travels.

I was amazed  at the things that I have carried back as mementos.

 In fact  I have carried sand and shells back on some occasions! and don't ask about the giant pine cones, collected in France with of course the usual drama.
Me falling into a 'ditch' ( great big gully at side of road), screaming at my sister to help me, she in the car with the radio  blasting,singing her head off, me having to then walk quarter mile up the 'ditch' to eventually be able to get out!!!! And all in 3in stilettos!!! ( well I have standards to maintain!).

I have  fabulous prints bought in markets on travels and also textiles.
I have a leather barrette, that my dad bought me on our last holiday abroad before he passed away.
I really should get rid of them but at the moment I just cannot do it.

These things will not mean anything to anyone else but they mean the world to me.

maybe I will just keep them for another year of two before I have another major clear out.

I want to try to streamline my life, but realised as I was sitting amongst packing paper and boxes that I am not being very successful!

Drama with the heating and lighting at The Wickets, over the meters! Which resulted in me having to go home early , due to severe heart palpitations . I'll be lucky to get into the new house at all, at this rate!!

Anyhoooo,

Back to crickety news.

New Zealia lost to Pakistan, which was a bit of a shock.
Today  is India v West Indies.
Not a game that interests me, so I guess it will give me time to catch up on yesterday afternoons work.

Well I have one more box of 'things' to sort through before I head to the office. These are mainly books which I am deciding whether to take or send to the charity shop.
I bet you know how that will end!!!






No comments :