Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 June 2019

Its been some week.....






and its only Thursday, I have been awake most of the night due to rain that did not stop, now at 5.45am it has decided to call it a day......as I decide to head back to the office! Flipping typical, I will be exhausted by lunchtime.
Yesterday was a mixture of blood giving,  and meeting with an old friend Greame who now lives in Texas.
The whole meet up was for him to get a jar of chutney!!
Its been agreed that when he comes over next year we will have a day out at Headingley.

I had a quiet afternoon, until I was messaged with the sad news of the passing of Philomena Lynott, mother of Phil and a lady that I met in Ireland a few years ago.

We had been at a family wedding in Dublin and I wanted to go and take some flowers to lay on Phils grave.
As we got to the grave a lady was tidying up and talking to a group of boys who were hanging around.

She was lecturing them on the danger of drugs.
As the boys left she approached us and asked where we were from, when we said England she instantly said that we should follow her home and she would make us tea.

OMG!!! we were going to tea with Phils mum!!!!

We drove to 'White Horses' her house and sat chatting about all things Phil, she told us about his life long love of all things Dennis the Menace and Knasher. How no matter how successfukl he was he never forgot where he came from.
She also talked about how her life stopped in its tracks when Phil died and how she locked herself away.
She finally realised that she had to pull herself out of it and do something to make sure his death was not in vain.

She set up the 'Roisin Dubh' trust, ( and she made me a member) and supported young musicians on their journey.

She showed us a room to the side of her house which was filled with Phils belongings, gold and platinum discs, photos, and ' the jukebox in the corner'.
This had only Thin Lizzy records on it and each slot was filled with a handwritten card with the song name, handwritten by Phil.

We had a wonderful afternoon with her and it is something that I will never forget.

As we were getting ready to leave, she gave me a t-shirt.
It was one of only a few that she had, had printed.
She hugged me very tightly as I left and I can remember trying very hard to fight back tears.
Yesterday I couldn't manage it.

RIP Philomena.

I havent really talked much cricket this week, and  I won't today as the news is all about 'smug mug'

Have a great day.


No comments :