Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 June 2019

Back to being busy




Well after a wonderful day at cricket yesterday it is back to the packing.
Time and removals men wait for no lady.

And the cricket?

well it was a glorious day with sunshine ( and a few clouds) Headingley looked magnificent, the new stand is an absolute gem and the joy of comfy seats!

England took to the field and had dismissed the openers before we had chance to catch our breath.
With Sri Lanka posting 232 in their 50 overs it was looking positive for England.

The atmosphere was buzzing , the band in the western terrace were belting out everything from 'Knees up mother brown', to various Queen numbers.
Before the first over was over, Bairstow was gone and a quiet settled around the ground.

Well Sri Lanka went for the jugular and despite an heroic  attempt by Stokes ( who knew I would ever type those words) , it was not to be.

One comment on this, as the overs were dwindling and Stokes was trying to save the game, where were the England team?

There was no sight of them on the balcony, no players cheering on their team, a little sad to see.


Also sad that my teeny tykes lost in their semi final. However these things happen, I personally am very proud of my boys and know that they did their best.

Onwards and upwards lads.

I got home before 9pm and found out that the nagging pain in my chest was in fact the underwire from my bra which had unleashed itself and was attempting to perform cardiac surgery on me as I drove home!!!

Time to head to the post office and then back to packing.

happy Saturday

No comments :