Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Things you find when you are packing up.










So far in the packing up of the chateau, I have been told that it is not normal for someone to have 28 cricket bats in the understairs cupboard. Who knew???

Also most people do not have duplicate items in the kitchen either, so the fact that I have two handblenders, and two coffee percolators ( as well as 4 french presses, and espresso stove top pot) is apparently 'not normal'. Well to be honest the mob at work said that and after working with them for 2 years I could say the same about them!

Lets not talk about the cupboard full of glass jars for chutney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( which actually now are wrapped and packed ready for chutney making season in at The Wickets

I also have been told that in this day and age people don't have 'best china'. Well I do and I also have a 'tea set'. You can never be sure when someone special might pop in !

These oddities however don't come close to the clothes, where there are like a million cable knit cricket sweaters ( OK I do exaggerate slightly there), 8 full length winter coats, 4 short winter jackets and various anoraks/padded jackets for early cricket season. I am certain that 7 denim jackets is normal though???

and lets not get to business wear, suits, blouses, etc.

You can now see the problem I have...................and I have cleared so much out of the house.

Today at cricket England take on Australia at Lords, the two teams had a bit of practice on Sunday at former workplace of Merchant Taylors School which looked amazing, a fabulous ground if you ever get the chance to visit.

I will be tuned into coverage at 10.30am.

Now I am off to see the vampires.

have a great Tuesday

No comments :