Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 June 2021

Here again

 


Another long weekend is over and it was a busy one.

I had a leisurely morning on Friday before heading down to Leeds, after a spot of lunch and some shopping, I set up camp at the Headingley Lodge.

It was great to see Helen and Jess and after nearly 2 years since my last visit it was lovely to be back.

And it rained, yes proper rain, lots of water falling from the sky, something that in Ladylaineyvlle we haven't seen for about 3 weeks ( and still haven't judging by the state of the garden when I got home.)

I didn't move from my room and watched the groundsmen and the umpires until at 8pm it was abandoned without sight of the team.

I decided on an early night and had a great sleep.

Saturday saw me having a wander up into Headingley before heading off to Wetherby and meeting up with TLML & TLMLM for lunch and shopping ( well, girls do love to shop).

It really was just what I needed, it does seem so long since I have had any interaction with anyone other than work colleagues and local friends.

The afternoon sped by and I was home before 6pm and in bed before 9! I'd managed to cram so much into the 2 days.

So Sunday was equally busy with sister visit and elderflower champagne making, knitting and housework.

I then managed to catch up with cricket.

Yorkshire beat Derbyshire, at  Headingley.

'Darn sarf' Kent were taking on Essex. I'm just going to reiterate that letting TLJL go was a huge mistake by Yorkshire.

Over the last few weeks ( as well as last season) Jack has shown his ability and is flourishing at Kent.

Yesterday saw him with Man of the Match ( again) and with 42* on the scoreboard along with 2 catches and 3 wickets, he is becoming the one to watch .

I know and have seen, players leave a club after being there from youth and flourish in different surroundings, I heard Ryan Sidebottom talk about his move from Yorkshire to Notts being what he needed to expand his game.

Surely there is a way to continue to help your players flourish. I'm not sure if just ignoring some is the Yorkshire way, they seem to be stepping over a lot of players recently.


Well I've had a bit of a rant to end my fab weekend.


Have a great Monday


No comments :