Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Bank Holiday weekend over



Ah a long weekend, how wonderful. how warm and sunny, how quickly it was over.

I had the news that my sister was coming out of hospital which was a huge relief and then it was time for my second jab.
I had a little cry in the car in the car park afterward, the sheer relief was unbelievable.
then home for cocktail hour and in bed before I knew what was happening.

Micky arrived on Saturday and made me feel even better, just the sight of him racing down the path was enough for me.

We walked down to the gin factory where we had arranged to meet Uncle Funky the chauffeur, however the hype was not lived up to and before long I was on the phone to the brewery ( 2 mins walk down the road) and we returned to the scene of the drinking crime 2 weeks before.
This time better behaved ( I had Micky to think about) and after a couple of pints and some food, we headed home.

Sunday saw us ( Micky and I ) head off to my sisters with food. And then home for some sun bathing and reading the cricket scores, one was delightful the other not so, I will leave you to decide which was which.
Micky continued to be an absolute delight and we headed out for an impromptu walk and sneaky gin..

Monday saw us up with the larks, out chasing the birds at 6am and then me being a tad cross at 9am, I cannot divulge any more than that at the moment..

and last night ended with an unexpected BBQ with some lovely friends, who all took off early like responsible adults that we are trying to be.

And that was it, another Bank Holiday over until August, now that's a sobering thought

I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend, lets see what this week holds.


No comments :