Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 June 2021

holiday needed

 



Well I am trying to cobble together a few days off to give me some breathing space. However tying to decide where to go is another matter. I think I have said before that the hotel I stayed in last year in Wetherby is now nearly 3 times dearer, and  the other couple of hotels that I have looked at are the cost of a holiday abroad and that's only on a room only basis, they aren't worth the money and its typical that they are trying to fleece us when we are stuck in this country.

So still looking, although I have had the tent out of the shed which may be an option.

I am not watching any more sport on TV as I seem to jinx it, Kent lost to Somerset in a game that was played at the beginning in a sea fret. 

And then turning on to cheer on Les bleus, they lost to Switzerland.

Not a great sports evening.


Well I hit my target money raised for my Afternoon tea party for Breast Cancer now.

So I upped it and hope to be able to make that target on the day.

I popped into the charity shop last night with the idea of buying some canvases to put up in the garden for the party, came out with more than that as you can imagine.

I have bunting and am sorting through which china to use  ( although paper plates will be used as I think about washing up). Its over a month away but  I need to get organised.


I also have a busy time getting ebay stuff to the post office, as there was a flurry of bidding over the weekend. More things out the door.


Wonderful word of the day

nudiustertian


This word means two days ago. It has now fallen out of use., but does sound better than 'the day before yesterday'


Happy Tuesday, I'm off to find a hotel for a couple of nights.

No comments :