Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 June 2021

New week begins

 


A new week is beginning and another 4 day week for me, as I am once again taking Friday off.

This long weekend lark is quite enjoyable.

I have had the best weekend with my little pal Micky who arrived on Thursday evening and settled in straight away.

We were up and out for our walk early on Friday and then went over to see my sister. She is not doing too badly, not improving as quickly as she would like but I think we all know that feeling when we aren't well.

The rest of Friday was all about sunning ourselves, walks and then cocktail hour. 

Micky discovered Roxy the dog next door, and  laid out on the deck with his nose under the fence most of the evening! Boys!

Saturday was an early morning walk and taking in the beauty that is on my doorstep.

We had a lazy day and soaked up some rays, listened to the test match and then had a bit of drama as  a swarm of bees took up residence in the tree  outside the gate. Major panic in case Micky got stung by some of the stray bees zooming around, so back indoors. A bee keeper arrived to take them  away  and that in itself was a total education. It took her nearly 2 hours to get them  ready to move.

 We went out for dinner with Mr Funky the Chauffeur, down at the brewery. There is a lot to be said for dog friendly places.

Sunday saw Micky go home and the house seemed empty, I was constantly listening for the tip tap of paws on the hall floor. I consoled myself in cricket................which was no help! we lost.

 

So there was  a lot of  T20 going on and after TLJL's brilliant Friday (64) he only went and did it again yesterday (81) he came in when they were 3 down and changed the course of the match. 

Yes I know I am biased, I have a lot of time for TLJL, who was let go by Yorkshire, and has since shown us all what we were really missing at Headingley.

He isn't the first to do this, and I wish him every success at Kent.

Yorkshire meanwhile lost to Durham on Friday night.

Time to go, lets get this 4 day week started.


Have a great week





 

No comments :