Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 November 2018

Coughs and sneezes



Yukky!, full of cold and not feeling super fit this morning!

The cold has been doing its rounds in the office and like good colleagues we have been sharing it with each other.
Mine looked to be on the way out, but is now back with a vengeance complete with hacking cough, something that I have to keep an eye on, just in case it causes the temperature spiking, heart palpitating nonsense of old.

Over in Sri lanka they are having a spot of lunch and England are currently 11-3, Jennings is continuing to prove me wrong and is on 60. Root and Moeen have gone very cheaply.

Good to see that Michael Vaughan is on the Foakes bandwagon, kiss of death for that kid, and believe me Vaughan will soon jump ship when it goes 'Pete Tong'

Interesting to see that Matt Prior has been talking about Jonny B's injury and urging him not to rush back. I think that he should have been suggesting that Jonny doesn't take part in footy practice.
Jonny watched his replacement Foakes score a century, one,of only two wicket keepers  to do this on his test debut....................the other being Prior!

Of course we all know that the fight for a place in the team is the main concern of all squad members.

Yesterday was a fraught day in the office with some tempers becoming frayed, this is not something that I am used to with my boys, I fear that I may be seeing more of this in the weeks to come.

And frayed is what happened to  my work apparel too, after buying 2 pairs of leggings in September  I had one pair that I hadn't worn so put them on yesterday. I spend hours looking for leggings that will fit my rather long legs and when I do find good ones, I stick with them.

So  on they went and all was well until just I popped to the ladies room and found that the waistband was unravelling at a rate of knots and I was in danger of having said leggings round my ankles before lunch.

I hastily made repairs and tweeted 'New Look' where I had purchased them. Top marks to their customer service team.  I will have new leggings on the way to me very soon, and the other ones held on until I got home when they completely fell apart!

Well off to pop on a pair of 'Long Tall Sallys' and hope to get through the day without incident.


have a good one!




No comments :