Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Fixtures day

It;s Tuesday and its raining and windy, but on the  upside its FIXTURES  DAY!!!!!!.

My 2019 diary is already packed in my work bag and I have a list of hotels ready for the big booking event.

Main fixtures are
1, any at Headingley
2, dates against Nottinghamshire
3,Scarborough festival

then I will check out the Hampshire dates and decide if I am going to the Rose Bowl next season.

I love fixtures day, it breaks up the close season.

England , as expected, beat Sri Lanka and were in high spirits, even the hacks who wrote off England on a regular basis, were excited.
It seems that Joey Root is finding his feet as Captain.

The ICC are looking to try to get women's cricket included in the 2022 commonwealth games. It will be interesting to see if this is taken any further and will be a great show piece for the women's game.

It seems that we are not the only one with franchise T20 ( or 100 or whatever it chuffing well is now) woes. South Africa have hurriedly put together the Mzansi Super league,I dont have time this morning to read the whole piece about it, but with lots of millions of rands spent and some  very disgruntled owners from 'Ramslam' it could be something that the buffoons at the ECB should be watching.


And so with that, me and my hacking cough are off to wend our way through the miserable morning traffic and start the day.

Have a good fixtures day one and all.







No comments :