Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 November 2018

Midweek



Yes I am off to work today as I have a big meeting with men from a water board.
I am sure that me coughing and sneezing through the whole thing will mean that it is shorter than normal, or at least that is the plan.

I am feeling better the temperature is still a bit out of sync, the cough is still rib bruisingly painful and I feel that I have swallowed a couple of razor blades, but this is a marked improvement on the weekend, so off I have to go.

I have a couple of bits of cricket news though before I hop away.

a couple of weeks ago you may remember that I mentioned John Hastings the Aussie man mountain, who had been struck down by some mystery lung problem. This meant that as he was running in to bowl he would cough up blood!
Doctors are unable to sort out the problem and the worry is that this could cause major problems, so sadly John has made the decision to retire.
I wish him well both in health and in what the future holds for him.

Other news, its lunch in Sri Lanka and after a terrible start losing 3 wickets we have rallied to 120-4

I think the meeting might be a god send for me.

I know this is short but I have lots to do, have a very Happy Wednesday.


No comments :