Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 October 2019

Giving some support




Last season saw me take the plunge and put my money where my mouth was,in short I sponsored a player.

I had seen Ben playing on the seconds and decided I would put myself in the ring to sponsor him.

I have to say that contrary to a lot of people commenting that it was 'his hair' that saw me backing him, I can say that it was not! although he does have better curls than me!

Ben has played in the Hudderfield league and has represented Yorkshire at Under 14's 15's and 19's level.

2018 saw him score 1099 runs with 58 dismissal behind the stumps in all academy and second team games.

I'm awaiting full 2019 figures, although he did make his 1st team debut in a 50 overs game and took his first list A catch, only to be thwarted by the weather.


A couple of months later I took on Tom Loten, a young man who dwarfs me in stature and thats something that you don't  see everyday.

Again Toms 2018 season was impressive, scoring 790 runs and taking 12 wickets in 20 Academy appearances.

2019 saw him Academy captain and debuting in both white and red ball.

I am so proud to have been a part of their year.

I have already decided to sponsor another young Yorkshire player next season to join Ben and Tom. More of that next year.

In the meantime, I have only gone and sponsored a footballer..................yes you heard correctly, I have sponsored a young footballer at Farsley Celtic FC.


Why, when I am not a football fan?

Well I now realise the benefit of putting yourself behind a young sportsman starting out in his sport and career.

it may not be something that everyone can do, but I am totally on board with it  and hope that this small bit of sponsorship can help these players to really believe in themselves.

However my thoughts on supporting young cricketers led me to thinking about the out cry against The 100.
To be  honest there is nothing that anyone can do to stop it now, but  can we do something to bolster the ranks of county cricket?
 I hope that my sponsorship will help this.

Also I'm renewing my subs at the local cricket club and looking to sponsor one of their players next season.
Let's support the future players. They may just be the young ones in your local club.

No comments :