Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 October 2019

new beginnings



So today is the first day that the blog is not going out on Twitter as I am taking an extended break  from this form of social media for the time being.

I am concentrating on me for a change, something that I have found that I have been doing less and less over the last few years.

I have a lot of work still to do with the physio to get myself back to some sort of normality and I am also starting my course to train as a facial yoga teacher.
This is something that I have wanted to do for quite a while but never seemed to have the time.

Well now is the time.


I have been still been following the T20 World Cup qualifiers and was delighted to see The Netherlands go through.
The absolute joy on their faces was priceless.

Its been refreshing to see cricket played in the true spirit.

Life in The Wickets continues at a much more relaxed pace ( manly as I cannot dash around due to injury).

after illness and injury I have not really had a chance to really enjoy my new home and this is something that I intend to start doing, ( more so now that I have sorted out a cleaner)

I am continuing to get the house how I want it. I've done it much slower than normal for once, and still have colour/wallpaper choices to decide on.

As you will know I spend a lot of time Charity shopping and bargain hunting.
this is for various reasons.

1. I'm from Yorkshire

2. I prefer to rehome something than see it go to landfill

3. I'm a dab hand at upcycling

4. I love a bargain


The other rule that I now have is that for every one thing that comes into The Wickets, something must go to the charity shop.
So there is always a good deal of swapping around going on.

And with that I will end today.

I am keeping cricket news to a minimum for the time being, as I am struggling with all things English/Yorkshire cricket.

Have a great Thursday if you have found me.




No comments :