Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Midweek




Well the weather has changed to positively baltic here in the North East of blighty and I for one am not enjoying it, thank goodness I am off and away at the weekend.

The weather in Australia is much better and I have seen some fab pics of Ben and Ella  who are settling in well. There was a welcome evening for them at the club which I thought was lovely. I got an invitation ( as I think  The Birds will have too), sadly a bit too far for a night out.


Well in cricket Middlesex are having a bit of moving and shaking, they are parting ways with Ollie Rayner the off spinner, I for one would like to see him wearing the White Rose.
He always looks as if he should be a fast bowler......but obviously isn't.

Dawid Malan has stepped down as captain, he is still under contract with Middlesex until 2021.
I've heard rumours and mutterings about him and Yorkshire.
My thoughts...No thanks


And The Hundred are continuing their self promotion with news that Eoin Morgan has made himself available, as well as Chris Gayle ( short form whore), Steve Smith and David Warner.
Well good luck to them. Luckily not one of those names is on my bucket list of must see's.


Ireland are to take on the West Indies in a white ball series in January next year. Good luck to the lads in green.

Going to see Ireland play in Ireland is on my bucket list of must do's .

Gary Kirsten is supposed to be in the UK to persuade the ECB that he is the man to take over from Trevor Bayliss............... I'm hoping whilst he's there he can persuede the ECB that The Hundred is a mistake.


Ah if only.

So now I am off to the saltmines were I'm preparing for a huge meeting as the two Dick Tators have completely 'ducked ' things up  and muggings here is trying to salvage something out of it all.

Bon journee










No comments :