Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 January 2021

Gone in a flash


 

In the blink of an eye or the opening and closing of the blinds, the weekend is over, it seems like just yesterday that at 1,55pm the HSE knocked on the door at work to do a spot check, obviously having no HSE manager or Richards on site was noted. Also that none had been in attendance since last March. Amazing that at 1.56pm when trying to contact them none were available. Could be the day of excuses today for them.

Saturday consisted of not very much, tiredness and trying repeatedly to make some lunches  for my poorly sister seemed to be the order of the day. After a 6pm soak in the bath ( I've gone very retro with the love of Radox) I managed to  knock up a chilli before falling into bed at 8pm.

And it was Sunday before I knew it, so up and making a fish pie, not what I had originally planned but all done in less than 30 mins. And delivered along with the chilli and some mince and veggies ( out of the freezer)  before 10am.

I dropped off a portion of Fish pie to my friend Chris who is recovering from foot surgery.


I finally got round to stripping the fabric off the chair that I am renovating, I rubbed it down and now need at some point to venture into the shed and find the primer. This week will be about deciding what shade of cream I will be painting it, decisions , decisions.

As I told you a couple of weeks ago, I am reading a book called 'Changing your life one day at a time'.

You read an idea daily which will hopefully help you in some way.

I thought I would share this one with you.

'Find a thinking space'

Create a personal thinking space ( I use the 3 rd bedroom) It can be anywhere really even an area of the garden ( although at the moment not quite warm enough) set time to go to your personal space and focus on what is important in your life at this time, write it down. keep thinking about it and focus on what you have in your life.

I have to admit at the moment my mind tends to wander a lot, I still think that having a little space to retreat to that isn't your bedroom is helpful.


Wonderful word of the day


Snede


this is old English for a morsel and was recorded in English over a 1000 years ago.


Have a great Monday, think about it this time next week we will be in February and Spring is ever closer.

No comments :