Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Tuesday musing

 








So yesterday saw the first recipients of the Oxford vaccine, lets get this rolled out as soon as possible.
And then we got lockdown again. Amazingly my email pinged at 8.30pm with my letter declaring that I was needed to work from the office.

Well prepared for some thing those 'tators'

Sadly my sister is still  in hospital having had a negative covid  result and being moved to an other hospital, and then 2 positive covid results, what is that all about? I've no idea. I worry, but I'm not a nurse or a doctor, I can't visit, so I have just have to take each day, which is always best.

One of my colleagues had the added horror of her mum falling downstairs and breaking her pelvis whilst staying with her, luckily ( if there is a lucky) as she lives in the wilds, her Mum is in a local 'cottage hospital' which is apparently very lovely with few patients.

2021 will get better we just have to get through the early storms of the year and on we go.

No point whinging and moaning, there are going to be laws in place, so time to just do as told (again for some of us)

I have not planned anything at all this year, I really don't want to set myself up for the disappointment I felt last year. The only thing that I have planned is the menu at The Wickets for the next week so that I can go and shop in one session.


My physio is carrying on again this year even though it is virtual, I am still using the acupressure mat which I swear by and also have my vibration plate which has done wonders for my hip and knee. If I was to plan one thing for the year it will be  to get fitter ( rather than fatter). However one day at a time.


I have a lot of books on the bedside table which are currently waiting to be read, so that is also a day at a time thing, I am reading a chapter every night before bed. Relaxing.


Cricket wise, South Africa and India were into the 2nd day of their test. Looking interesting.

In Australia due to a spike in  Covid , Sydney has cut the crowds for the test against India. Maybe the really sensible thing would have been to just play behind closed doors. My thoughts only! 


Worrying news that Moeen Ali has tested positive for Covid  on arrival in Sri Lanka and is now in isolation. It looks as if the team will be under close watch in the next few days.


And with that I am off to wend my way to the office. What I will say is that here at The Wickets there is the sound of a lot of traffic on the main road which actually sounds like more than normal!!!!! 


Day 5 page is open and ready to be scribbled on, nothing exciting in it I suspect for the next 6 weeks. One thing I will be doing is getting the sewing machine out of the cupboard, I have plans!!

Have a great Tuesday, stay safe and stay at home.




No comments :