Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 January 2021

Time to get busy


So firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to all those of you who responded to yesterdays blog. It was so lovely to hear the comments. I hope that it was helpful in some way to you.

And now is the time to get busy, I personally do not think that there will be any cricket to watch until the summer ( if then) and so I am now preparing to get more things done at home. 

I have some curtains to make for a special project which will be seen when ( and if ) I ever get the joiner back into the house. I also have some cushions to make.

My reading list has got longer as I have just ordered 'The French Intifada' by Andrew Hussey and look forward to starting that.

Cooking will be high up on my priority list, as I try out new recipes and have my special Saturday night meals again ( I loved doing that in the 1st lockdown).

The picture shows my attempt at making candles, I knew those chopsticks would come in handy for something!!!!!

Will I finally get the decorating done in the dining room????..................I don't want to really commit to that as it does depend if I get the joiner back, some of the 'fittings' are in this room and it is difficult to move them around.

Evenings after work, I have put dinner on and gone for  a walk around the 'big' block, its very cold at the moment and horribly dark, so I do it as quickly as possible. 

Yesterday morning when  I got to work , I was so busy looking at the icy puddles along the edge of the car park, that I didn't notice the sheet ice by the side of  the car.  I discovered that Jayne Torvil  I am not, I did however skid to the far end of the car park on my derriere quicker than those speed skaters!

I've got a lovely bruise now!

I will try daily  to add a wonderful word of the day, words that we rarely use now in the English language.

Today's word  is 

Erinaceous

Which means, pertaining to or resembling a hedgehog!

I am looking that our lockdown here in England will probably spread into March if not longer so , instead of going down the moaning route, I want to think positive and  think of what I am grateful for. 

 I am grateful for the lovely family and friends that I have

for the fact that I am healthy and able to go to work

and I am grateful for seeing another day.

I am trying to remain cheerful and cheer others up too.

Life is what you make it.

Make it worthwhile!





No comments :