Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 January 2021

Weekend Eve, eve

 


Thursday has dawned cold and miserable, but the good news is that I see some daylight when I am nearly at the office and it is not quite as dark as I leave in the evenings.  All of which makes me smile. We all need a little bit of extra light in our lives at the moment.

Talking light, I think that it is time to tackle the weight that has piled on due to lockdown and inactivity ( a lot from my injury back in 2019, which caused major problems). I am still doing physio but need now to really try and up my game on the activity front. I haven't had the bike out as the roads and cycle tracks are not too good and I still have to have lights fitted.

Once they are done there will ( snow and ice excepting) be no stopping me.

I am however missing my friends badly, I really feel that apart from the motley crew at work I don't see anyone. I am nearly on first name terms with the cashier in Aldi, not quite the same though.

Most days I have various 'Whatsapp' messages from my friend Debbie, she is virtually house bound due to health problems so we tend to try to gee each other on.

I have decided that when we can meet up I am going to celebrate my birthday and have a huge tea party. As you can imagine, we aren't even out of lockdown, but I have the menu sorted and am starting on the party bags!  



Wonderful word of the day.


Sluberdegullion


In the 16th century if you did nothing but lie around you would be known as a sluberdegullion.

Thanks to lockdown, I think that this relates to about 99% of us!


Sadly there is no sluberdegullioning going on here at The Wickets today, I'm off down the 167 to work.


Have a fabulous Thursday, we are so close to the weekend ( again)!

No comments :