Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Where is the time going?

 



Its cold and I don't want to get out of bed again, I got up for coffee and  did it in record time so that I could get back under the covers. I know that the stork dropped me off in the wrong place, I know I was meant to be dropped nearer to the equator.

I was in my 'thinking place' last night ( whilst waiting for the bath to fill) and my mind was running in overtime. Outcome, 'crowdfund' to buy a house in France  that I can run as a 'chambre d'hote' , not a bad idea but I think I would need more than £2.53 to buy it and I'm not sure I could crowd fund enough for it. 

I could sell the Wickets, 

I could sell everything that I own to fund it ( which is what most people do)

The one thing that I have realised in my thinking space is that  I am both creative and a dreamer, not bad qualities I think.

So my dream will continue to be a dream, even though it would mean  the chance to be working for myself and benefitting from it, both physically and mentally.

Probably not the best time to think about it, but always there in the back of my mind.

Has anyone else been thinking hard about things for their future?


And now back to the title of the blog, 'where is the time going' as I said yesterday this time next week we will be in February. We are nearly a year into the pandemic here in UK, and time just seems to be speeding up but we don't seem to be getting anywhere. 

I read yesterday that holidays will be given the heave ho this year as the government will make returning travellers quarantine at their own costs in a hotel for 10 days on re-entry/ entry. Not something that is in my holiday entitlement or finances. 

So Wetherby had better up its game as that may be this years destination of choice ( again).

However as I had not set any plans in motion I am not disappointed.

More pennies in the Chambre D'hote fund maybe?


The wonderful word of the day is 

Glomerate.

Whilst conglomerate managed to survive in the English language, glomerate did not stand the test of time,

Both words stem from Latin, with glomerate meaning  to roll or gather into a ball.

Most of us will have been doing some glomerating lately in the snow!

Well time to head out of the door.

Have a great day and if you didn't know England won the 2 test series against Sri Lanka.


Happy Tuesday.






No comments :