Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 January 2021

mid week


Here we are at Wednesday and the cold has taken full hold of me. I could do with the day in bed, but it is only a cold.

I am up showered and dressed, and still don't feel any better!

I've decided that for the next couple of weeks I will be using the acupressure mat every night for half and hour and see if I can shock my system into feeling better. Its not as if I have anything better to do.

After half an hour on it last night I slept very well, as I said before Christmas, even if this is just in my mind that I feel better it was worth its weight in gold.

I was so lucky over Christmas and New Year to have lots of flowers in the house, I received a fabulous bouquet of roses at the weekend too, a fabulous gift from TLML.

I always seem to smile when I see flowers and as we are still pushing towards spring and some greenery and flowers, having them in the house is a tonic.

I grab a happy feeling where ever I can these days.

Talking Spring, we may  be a couple of months from the official start of spring, but I am on the lookout for signs when I have my lunchtime walk.

I did realise that these are things other years that I have missed, Spring just arrives!, as I am too busy doing other things. 

As our lives seem to have slowed down, maybe it is now time to take a good look around with 'fresh eyes'.

Wonderful word of the day


Ambiloquent.


This word I feel should be revived into present day English, most especially politics. The adjective is formed from the Latin  word 'ambo (both) and loquor ( to speak) and it means 'double tongued'


there you go, I am sure that we have all come across and ambiloquent person in our time.


I know that I haven't touched on any cricket for a few weeks and I know that there has been cricket played, for that I am very sorry.

Stay safe and have a happy hump day








No comments :