Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 January 2021

Happy Monday


 Welcome to the new week, I hope that you had a good weekend.

On Friday in the office we  had a Teams video 'meeting' with Mickey Dripping and Norty Morty, ( we are the  5 Musketeers). We were just really having half an hour of chatter, it was just because we hadn't really  seen Mickey or Morty since Christmas.

We were all chatting about things and how life was. As we were talking I said that I now consider the times now as normal. And in reality I do. I realise this is  my coping mechanism.

I said that I really do just do as I am told, shop once a week and if anything better comes along is a bonus. As you may ( or may not) know I really struggled from September last year with stress, I still went to work as I knew that staying at home would just make me stress about work ( even the Richards don't do that). I also found that as I live alone, being with the skeleton staff made it easier. Yes work was the main cause of the stress, but I have great colleagues who really helped me with that side of it.

I am still not thinking about any possible upcoming cricket,( yes really!) or holidays, or meeting friends, I am just plodding on through the days, I had cancelled holidays last year and do not want to put myself through that disappointment  again.

It may not be how everyone copes but it is working for me. I feel a lot calmer.

The weekend was gone in a flash, Rhys came on Saturday as I was heading out for my flu jab. I had washed my hair, put make up on and my new jean and boots, well I was 'going out' .

I left Rhys my drawings of the deck vision, and also the under stairs door and panelling.......................luckily we were able to talk about my plans, as the drawings were worse than useless!

He's got a lot of work to do.

I cooked a lot on Saturday so that I could take some supplies over to my sister, then left some things for my friend Debbie who is not too well ( not covid related).

Before I knew it, it was last night and I was trying to get organised for another week at work.

Today is deemed to be 'Blue Monday' and to be honest I think that we have had more than enough of them since last March, so I officially declare today 'Sky Blue Monday' a day with a beautiful hue, that should make you smile. Think of a beautiful summer sky.

Don't let this stupid media influenced 'idea' ruin things. 


Time or a wonderful word of the day.


Jargogle


This means to confuse or jumble.

It was used in the 17th century and I for one think we need to bring it back..


Right, time to head off. Snow has all but gone and just some icy patches remaining.


Happy Sky Blue  Monday.







No comments :