Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 January 2021

Things to be thankful for


 Good morning, Its Tuesday, just in case (like me) you just get up and do your usual routine without any concept of the day.

Another day in Ladylaineyville and although cold , there has been no more snow and for that I am truly thankful. I was not made for digging out cars and scraping windscreens. Mind you I think thats all of us to be honest.

I am feeling a lot more upbeat than I have since well before Christmas, mainly due to the fact that my sister seems to be on the mend from Covid and pneumonia. One less thing to worry about really.

I appreciate fully that I am one of the lucky ones, some people have not had their family members overcome this horrible virus. And that makes me count my blessing.

My friend who lost her father in law on 2nd January lost her mother in law on Saturday both to covid. She said that in said times she was happy that they are back together again, having rarely been apart in 60 years of marriage.

.

Last year I was unable to see any cricket and despite what is being said, I am unsure if we will see any before summer if then, I remain hopeful, but also wondering if I will  be so keen to drive off to a game, stay in a hotel and mix with others albeit socially distanced.

I continue to letter write and also to put together parcels to send out, sometimes a handwritten  letter can be a real tonic, I know that I have enjoyed letters from my 'penpal' ( yes I have one of those) in America.

Friends have been incredibly kind sending me parcels, I received a fabulous 'hamper' on Saturday which was wonderful and to my lovely friends who sent it I am very grateful. 


also  don't forget that a telephone call, text message or video call, can lift some ones spirits, and as we are living ( literally at the moment) in dark days, its good to bring some light and love and laughter into some ones life.

In other news 

I have ordered my upholstery fabric for my  acquired chair!, now I need to strip the old off and wash the frame down do some minor repairs and then paint it, I reckon that I have until about June to get this done.

I will put a lot of love as well as hard work into bringing the chair up to how I want it.

I am always thankful that I inherited my Dad's have a go spirit. He never thought he couldn't do things, he just did them.

Which is a bit like how we live at the moment, we may not be able to do what we want to do but try something else and find some pleasure in it.


And now for Wonderful word for the day


Gwenders.


This is the tingling feeling you get in your fingers when they are cold.


Now make sure you put your gloves on before you head out of the door.


Have a good Tuesday.






No comments :