Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Midweek musings

 



Welcome to Wednesday, lets hope that its a good one.

Lockdown  has  been a lot harder  for us all this time round,  I think that this is because we have no idea when it will end. 

When we went into the first one we initially thought it was for 3 weeks, and it just carried on, however it  was spring and summer which made it tolerable. This time round, short days, snow, rain and cold have made it difficult. 

How do we keep our chins ( definitely chins in my case) up and not get too down in the mouth? Easier said than done.

The one thing that I realise I have been doing (unconsciously) is watching things that relate to summer and outdoors, a lot of Escape to the Chateau which is mostly set in the summer when they have their wedding season.

I am subconsciously drawing myself into the warmth of overseas (albeit just La Manche ). I realised I am also reading some books based abroad. 

Is it working, well since I personally wont be heading overseas this year, it is going to have to suffice.


I am busy trying to put together a mood board for the upstairs bathroom, I need some advice on some things, and when I get to see Rhys ( he is on the bad books for a no show) I might get some answers.

I think he is avoiding my terrible drawings   ( I never professed to be Leonardo da Vinci). I just 'draw' things that I want him to make.................... as of yet I have to see one of my creations in the real, this might curb my artistic design.


I'm in need of a chest of drawers to upcycle into a wash stand. After going on Gumtree and Facebook Marketplace  I was dismayed to see that there were very few  'chests of drawers' available  but lots of 'draws' and more ' chester draws' than I cared to think about.

And now you really worry about home schooling don't you!!!!?


Lets move on quickly,

Wonderful word of the day


Kickshaw


This is a fancy but insubstantial meal.

I'm sure I'm not alone thinking straight away about food by Roger Verge and his Nouvelle Cuisine.

I also remember well at evening out at Anton Mosimann's restaurant with Jon and his parents when we had to stop for kebabs at Rayners Lane  on the way home as we were all starving!


No kebab for me today, its fruit and greek yogurt for brekkie.


Have a great day, keep warm and stay safe.

No comments :