Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 January 2021

On we go


 Morning and welcome to a very snowy Ladylaineyville.

Cricket is on TMS this morning it started at 4.30am.

I will have the cricket on in the office as I am the only one in the main office for the majority of the day. 

I have been out to try to clear the car, which was pointless as it was covered again before I had moved round it, so I will be out again to head to the office as soon as I finish this.

It will be a slow journey and I will get there when I get there.

As if we haven't got enough going on!

As you probably know I am an avid reader and  constantly have at least 3 books on the go ( throwback to English A' level).

I am currently reading 'The French Intifada' by Andrew Hussey, 

'Waiting for Monsieur Bellivier' by Britta Rostlund

'The Yorkshire Pudding Club' by Barnsley author Milly Johnson

and everyday I dip into  'Change your life  one day at a time  by Drs Patricia Macnair and Ilona Boniwell.

A proper mixed bag there ( and after juggling D.H Lawrence,Seamus Heaney, Keats , Shakespeare etc  back in the 80's this is a breeze)

So today I will give you a suggestion from the  'Change your life book'

Daily inspiration

'Rules for happiness.

Something to do,

Someone to love,

Something to hope for.'


Short and to the point  think.



Now lets have a wonderful word of the day.


Quiddle,

Someone prone to waste time with idle chatter in Medieval England might have been accused of 'quiddling', this was the verb for quiddle which meant 'to discourse in a trifling way.


Sounds a bit like my blog to be honest!!

Well best get my boots on and head out.


Have a good day, stay safe and if you have snow don't be a Lainey! stay at home, in bed!










No comments :