Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Half way through the first week

 


Welcome to Wednesday and here we go.

Unless you are an anti vax, anti virus, anti everything person, the majority of us will now be settling down to how the next few weeks will be.
Its going  to be very hard for small ( and large ) businesses, its going to be hard on peoples mental health. Its just going to be hard, but what is the option?

I was told on Monday night that a school friend, her husband, daughter and son in law are all struggling with Covid ( she is asthmatic and her daughter has underlying problems), as if  that was not bad enough, her husbands father passed away from Covid in hospital on Saturday and his mum is still in there. She was allowed to be with her husband when he passed away. Her chances are very low.
They had not been in contact with each other this was a string of very awful coincidences.

I cried, I cried for my friend,  and I cried with the sheer desperation of the situation.

I'm tired of know it alls who mock authority and decisions made. Just do what they are asking and lets all pull together to try to get through this.

When going to the pub or out for a meal is the most important thing in your life, think about it, is it really?
I for one am not looking forward to being on my own for another 6 weeks, I've been on my own for most of the last 9 months and probably for another 2 at least. I haven't faired too well through it all, but I have made it this far and intend to make it further.

I fully appreciate that we all have our own thoughts and ideas on what is happening, we all have huge weights that we are bearing, and we are sad that we can't do what we want, however I want to live to see another year.

So as we move into a full lockdown, please stay safe, take care of loved ones and just try to abide by the rules laid out for us.






No comments :