Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 January 2021

New week begins


Another week begins and its been a two cup of coffee morning already here as I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. After a peep out of the blinds it is good to see that the snow is all but gone. It is however bitterly cold.

However on we go.

The weekend has been nothing at all as  I envisaged.

I had planned French evening for Saturday and after the most amazing starter, which was my my twist on French toast, I couldn't eat the chicken fricassee that I had made or the chocolate mousse with toasted hazelnuts. After two glasses of champagne I was fast asleep in bed at 10pm!

I had set the slow cooker to do its stuff over night, and yesterday I portion up some of the chicken and vegetables from Saturday evening and the beef cooked over night and dropped off at on my sisters doorstep.

The food was prepared so that it was easy for her to chew and swallow, although she still has Covid and pneumonia, her underlying  myasthenia gravis means that her food has to be tiny pieces or mashed/pureed.

She is back in her own home and in isolation. I did see her from a very safe distance and she looks far better than I thought which is a huge relief.

This really is great news and huge steps forward.

I have not done anything that I planned, but does it really matter, not at all, I had a peaceful and restful weekend and that is by far the best thing.

All the jobs will get done, I am not going anywhere in the near future.

Positives from the weekend, sleep,sleep and a bit more sleep.

I was searching for some upholstery fabric and I think that I have found the perfect one, more on that later.

There is still lots to be grateful for and one thing is that plants are starting to slowly show signs of life, I imagine that somewhere snowdrops will be starting to push through. 

The buds are starting to form on my hydrangeas and that always makes me smile, nature truly is amazing.

My pleasure for today is that I am going savour a couple of squares of dark chocolate, I will be having them after dinner with a cup of cardamom coffee ( which will have a splash of evaporated milk in ,try it its delicious even in ordinary coffee).

Enjoy everything!

Wonderful word of the day is Philotimy, from the Greek word 'philotimia'(love and honour). The English derivative is from around the 16th century and was used in the sense of love and honour and also ambition.

Go and fulfil your own philotimy today.

Happy Monday.

Stay safe.




 

No comments :