Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 March 2021

best day of the week



Well here I go walking sedately into the weekend, rather than racing in like I normally do.

I have shopping to do when I finish work. and then coq au vin to make and then it will be 'Cocktail hour'.

This is my new tradition at 'The Wickets' ( now  2 weeks old), its my civilised step into the weekend. I have been busy finding an appropriate cocktail for tonight. This is not as easy as it sounds as

1. I do not ( surprisingly) have a well stocked bar.( lots of fizz not so hot on all the spirits etc)

2. I  am using only what I have in the house. ( will buy as needed)


More info about tonight's cocktail will come next week.

Last week I made a martini with a twist.
It was a rosemary martini.
Gin, extra dry vermouth and olives stuffed with pimentos which had been 'marinated' in their brine with rosemary added.
They were then threaded onto a stick of rosemary to garnish the martini.

I had some nibbles with this  and it was just as I had hoped, awfully civilised ( even for me).


 

The rest of the weekend I  will just take as it comes, although I will be delivering food to my poorly sister.
I also have a sander! and I am going to sand THE CHAIR down again and see if I can finally get a better finish before I take it to the tip!


Wonderful word of the day


Pot-Valiant

meaning bold or courageous under the influence of alcohol


Something that I don't intend to be after cocktail hour.

So time to head off and see today through.

Bon weekend tout le monde



No comments :