Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 March 2021

Bit of a natter

 


So last night I was having a bit of a natter with an old friend of mine. He mentioned that he had seen my post on Instagram for International Women's day and commented very favourably on a picture that was from just before we met. I commented that it was 30 years ago, and he replied

' you are still the same person'

This made me think and I mean really think. Since nearly losing my life and having very serious facial and body injuries in a car accident at 17, I had struggled with self image, this was due to having modelled prior to this and then being told to get in touch after plastic surgery. ( nothing can be done surgically ). Also being so tall, I was bullied unmercilessly at school. This was not helpful either.

I was always very conscious of how I looked. 

Only in recent years ( and yes I know I've been whinging about losing my curls) have I become much more comfortable in my skin. Seeing how people are obsessed with looks is worrying.

The last year has seen me piling on weight, leaving the house daily without a scrap of makeup ( something that previously I only did at weekends) and dressing like a bag lady, but in the words of my friend ' I am still the same person'.

6 words that made me sit up and really think ( and comb my hair this morning).

As I have said so often over the last year, never underestimate the power of words.


There is no cricket news that I can hit on apart from the very unexpected death of Joey Benjamin. 

Sad news.


I thought that I would let you know  the books that I am currently reading

or rereading in the case of 

Christopher Lee 

The Dark and the gruesome.

His autobiography.

I absolutely loved Christopher Lee and reading this book the first time I realised that we had trodden the same streets and frequented the same places, in Uxbridge and Watford.

A wonderful book and an actor that I miss.


I am also reading C.S Lewis The biography  by A.N. Wilson


The Wine Widow  by Tessa Barclay


I have also been dipping into a charity table find at the local Co op which is The Cooks Encyclopaedia by Tom Stobart.

Quite a mixed bag there for this months reading.



Wonderful word of the day


Petrichor


This word describes the smell outside after it has rained.

The earthy smell when rain has hit dry soil.

Taken from Greek

I love that word.


Have a great Thursday and don't forget to comb your hair.




No comments :