Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 March 2021

Lets get serious



OK lets not, I think that we have had enough seriousness in the last year to see us through  for a heck of a long time.

So I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane.
This time of year I used to be packing my case and heading out to Nantes on holibobs.
Usually flying Leeds/Manchester or East Midlands to Nantes by the cheapest means.
My sister  had found us a cheap KLM flight from Manchester to Nantes before the Christmas and booked it. All good.
Then they changed it and said we were flying Manchester to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Nantes.
All good, quick run through Schiphol and job done.

Yes probably in everyone else's world!

Flight Manchester to Amsterdam was great, had a cup of coffee and quick nap as it was VERY early morning.
Arrive at Schiphol and head off to  the correct gate, stand in queue waiting to get checked before heading through to the next block of gates, and stand watching the clock tick over.
There was a fast track gate but the mean Dutch woman wouldn't let us go through.
We are now into 20 minutes before the flight is due to leave, and still not getting through to get to our gate.
Eventually after me losing my temper they let us queue for the fast track, as my sister was a few people ahead of me I told her to run down and tell them I'm on my way.

As I am running down I see a bit of a 'thing' going on at the gate.

I get to the gate in time to see them shut it and see my sister on the bus waving to me as she goes to the plane!

A guy in front of me somehow has got through with a full size suitcase and has stopped everything!
Security are called and I am by now nearly blowing a gasket.

I am trying to explain I'm on the flight with my sister and that she actually has a lot of my documents ( not passport and boarding card luckily).
By this point we are minutes from the plane taking off and I am stuck.
security still dealing with the man with the suitcase.
A member of the KLM staff them pulls me through and I am rushed out to a bus, on my own and driven goodness knows how far ( not walking distance that's for sure) to the plane.

As I get on I get a filthy look from a woman in a seat near the front, seriously she was so lucky not to get a tongue lashing.

My sister???

Sitting happily at the back of the plane having a drink.
I blow!
Using words like, chuffing and flipping and hecky thump ( of course I did!)
At which point a stewardess comes out from behind a curtain with a basket of patisseries and says 'Its all ok, have some of these'.

'Yes those and a very stiff drink love and keep them coming!!!

Luckily we got to Nantes in an hour. 

Which Nantes time was 10am.

Far too much excitement for that time in the morning!


I hope your day is less stressful.

have a good one




 

No comments :