Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 March 2021

middle of the week


Wednesday has crept up again and we are closer to the weekend.
Once again I worry about wishing the week away. we are nearly in the middle of March and the year is marching on.
To think that we are nearly a year  from being locked down the first time.
How quickly that time has gone by.

However over night winter seemed to have returned as the temperature dropped and the wind picked up, by 5.30am this morning all was calm again.

Talk is turning to the new season which is a month away although we won't be able to see it live just yet.

I am thinking about when to have a week off and some time to clear my head. I wont be heading off anywhere exciting but to be honest, much as I love my home, I need a break from it badly. I am sure I can hear a lot of head nodding and agreeing on that front.

I am however planning a road trip possibly this time next year.
Well it passes the evenings.

Wonderful word of th day

Earth apple

Now any French speakers ( myself included) will straight away think of the French word for potato (pomme de terre), however back in the 11th century, earth-apple was the word for cucumber.

so now we know.


Well lets get Wednesday started  and hopefully it will be a good day.

Stay safe, take care and remember that we are still in the throws of a pandemic and still  locked down.






No comments :