Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 March 2021

half way there


 Bonjour et bienvenue  Mecredi.

Half way through and feeling like I am wading through treacle.

Anyone else feel this way? 

No?

Just me then.


However....................I am getting my the vaccine on Friday and my 2nd one on 28th May, all booked in.

I'm relieved and over the moon.

Its put a bit of sunshine on my day.


Well I have returned to 'house hunting' in France as my evening entertainment.

Wow, I know I need a new bathroom here at The Wickets, but some of the ones in the houses I've been looking at are colourful to say the least. Yes, you could date the installation of said sanitary ware, by the colour. So far a lovely lime green ( we didn't have that in the UK I am sure), one best described as puce, and a lovely sunshine yellow ( which to  be fair I quite liked).

Don't get me started on wallpaper and gloss work!

Its fun to look through and dream. It doesn't cost anything and always makes me smile.

Win, win.

I am sure that we all have our guilty pleasures during lockdown and this is my absolute favourite. 

I even sometimes take a 'walk' down the street courtesy of Google. Best to check out the neighbours!!!

I'm not planning any dinners or afternoon tea this weekend, I have a lot of cooking to do for my sister and  so I think a fairly laid back weekend(plus playing it safe in case feeling rough after jab)

Now to the chair, yes the chair that I have been  trying to revamp for the last 100 years( well it seems like). 

So here is the update, stripped off all the upholstery, sanded down the brown carcass, undercoated, sanded down again, undercoated, undercoated again, still faintly see the brown. Painted it with white satin wood paint, had a chat with TLML about how s****y it looked, put another coat on.

It may now be going to landfill and I am glad that I didn't cut the stunning fabric for the seat and back before hand.

Not sure why with all the sanding and undercoat it still has a 'fawn' colour, not the desired effect.

Put it behind me and down to experience.


And with that I am off to face the office.


have a good Wednesday.

Stay safe.




No comments :