Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Tuesday musings


 According to my A 'level English studies into the 17th Century Metaphysical poets, 'No man is an island' ( John Donne).

I think that those of us who are living through lockdown on our own would beg to differ. Donne was talking about  no one being isolated from the rest of  humanity, however a lot of us are ( I still go to the office so do see some people).
Some people have not had any human contact in nearly a year.

What will be the effect on us when we can go freely ( or sort of freely) about our way?
 I have become very cautious and weigh up pros and cons about most things that this time last year I took for granted.
Am I over analysing the situation? I like to think that I am just taking good care of me.



I notice in crickety news that England have taken on more backroom staff, sorry 'elite' coaching staff. I think that there must be at least 2 coaching staff to each player now, no wonder tickets are so expensive, I wouldn't mind one months wages bill in my bank account!

I was looking at ordering some bulbs for the garden ( yes I am late to the party), I was happily clicking away on the ones that I wanted, when I noticed the delivery charge. Now this is a company in the UK, bulbs are not usually mightily heavy, but they wanted £12 delivery or free if you spent £150. Well that's a lot of money or  lot of bulbs to get free delivery, and  my garden is not as large as when I lived at the chateau.
So I abandoned the order, and this morning have 3 emails asking me if I knew I had left 7 items in my basket.
Well yes I did but wasn't adding £12 on top of that. I am from Yorkshire after all.
I will be having a little walk to B & Q at lunchtime today

We have a full contingent in the office this week(4 of us), and another week closer to some for of normality.

I am waiting for my jab, wonder when that will be?

have  a great day and stay safe.






No comments :