Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 March 2021

Four day week



So the weekend is done and we have 'sprung' forward an hour.

Its time to look forward to a little bit more freedom and to eventually  being able to travel a little bit further than the local Aldi.

Strange developments in the barnet department, after the ginger afro went suddenly straight at Christmas and I was really struggling to come to terms with it, it suddenly ( Friday morning) developed a bit of 'wave and slight curl' which is considerably better than the lank lifeless mess of the last few months. I do appreciate that I (like everyone) have been struggling with stress and trying to just soldier on. Sometimes its not good for your at all. I think my whole body has been rebelling.

Moving onwards now, just have to lose about 20 stone and all will be good.


So the weekend was as follows.

Friday, shopping cooking and cocktail hour. A fabulous 'Ginger Glamazon' which I will definitely be trying again.

 In bed by 9.30pm. Yes I think my raving days are over. I can't remember the last time I saw 10.30pm!


Saturday, up and out early as I was doing the food drop at my sisters , then I had to go to town to pick up some essential wool.  Came home with Spode pasta plates and a couple of Mason Cash bowls!

Home and should have had the power tools out, but instead, I faffed about( like normal)

Created a 'mocktail' for my friends daughter, in Ireland and it went down a storm.

In bed about 9.45pm( wow that late on a Saturday).

Woke up at 5am and we were in BST.

Turned over and went back to sleep, eventually dragged by bulk out of bed just before 10am, this is something that never happens unless I am ill, and I'm not, I'm just shattered.

So Sunday was all about washing and cooking and getting things ready for a 4 day week.

I am so excited about this, I have huge plans for my 4 days off, like do all the jobs I have been threatening to do since the start of 2021 lockdown! 


Wonderful word of the day


Snede

This is an old English word for ' a small morsel' and was first recorded in English oer a thousand years ago.




have a good one





 

No comments :