Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 March 2021

Welcome to nearly the weekend

 


Its Friday and we are not ( by unanimous vote)  having Big Als, I am taking fresh fruit salad and greek yogurt ( in date I hasten to add).  I think that Morty will eat that and then sneak round to Als for a double steak with onions, egg and cheese!


Cricket started yesterday morning................... England had to really pull their socks up, Stokes was the highest scorer  with 55!
This morning thee lads look to be in a better place as they have taken 4 wickets.



Tykey Vikings have signed Lockie Ferguson for the T20 spell.
I am hoping that Ben and Tom get a look out too.

Wonderful word of the day 
Escal

Although this might look like a modern day name for a Multinational company or an acronym, it is derived from Latin  and was used in the 17 & 18th century, meaning pertaining to food.



Tonight there will be a 'cocktail hour', I have decided that this is going to be a 'thing' every Friday at The Wickets'.

Last week I had  a champagne cocktail known as a 'Sunrise Mimosa'

Orange juice and grenadine, topped up with Champagne. ( can be made with alcohol free fizz)

I had mini cakes to go with this, Macarons, mini eclairs and mini Battenberg.( purchased at ........ICELAND!)

Awfully civilised.

Have a great weekend.

Stay safe.

No comments :