Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Another retirement




well as the season closed and we came to terms with the ins and outs at our various clubs, there was one retirement that I wasn't expecting.

My great friend Terry Brewer, the legend of the Hampshire dressing room, both at the Ageas bowl and at my beloved Northlands Road, has hung up his kit for the last time.

Terry has looked after the Hampshire boys for 25 seasons and has called it a day.

I personally am very sad as Terry took to looking after me as well as the boys in the Northlands Road days.
always making sure I had something to drink and eat and coming to keep me company.
Last season I went back to Hampshire and had 3 wonderful days with him.

I know first hand that it is not just myself who has fond memories of Terry, having spoken to many cricketers over the years, and I have never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

To find out that my chum 'James Bond' also knew him well was an added bonus ( Terry used to babysit him).

You will be much missed Terry and those are HUGE shoes to fill.

I wish him a long and happy retirement.



And then there is other cricket news, Yorkshire have signed Will Fraine from Notts, the poor kid hasn't even got his Rosebud before 'supporters' are slating him!

what is this all about!!!

oh yes, of course! They know better than than the Director of cricket at Yorkshire, I had forgotten that!

Why oh why is there so much dissent  at signings?

He is young and we are trying to bring youth forward. Who knows he could be the key we need to unlock the trophy cabinet.

Give the lad a chance, he hasn't even played for us and he is being given the worst welcome to Yorkshire.

Surely we are better than that????

and with that I am off.

not much else to say!






No comments :