Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 October 2018

frosty start



So as predicted by the weather forecasters, we woke here in the North East of Blighty to frost and colsd.
I had prepared for this  and looked like Scott of the Antarctic when I went to bed, surely the sight of me in bed socks, PJ's, dressing gown and 2 duvets would be enough to melt an Innuit's mans' heart! ( although to be fair Innuits are indigenous to Greenland so more Arctic than Antartic).

We have sunshine this morning but the frost is hanging around and it is decidedly cold.
The beds are stripped and I assure you that the electric blanket will be going back onto my bed tonight!

In cricket South Africa beat Zimbabwe and took the ODI series, my heartthrob Dale took 3 wickets although his heroics with the bat was down to 4no.

Australian are currently taking on Pakistan, who are 86-0, not a piece of sandpaper in sight!

Today will be mainly about visiting besty chum Christine who is laid up after an operation on her knee, she was supposed to be taking it easy, but the thought of painting the garden fence got the better of her!!

I also have lots to do after picking over 4lb of rosehips, the thought of deseeding them is not one that I am relishing ( bit of a pun there!).

I collected these as  went off to pick up the car from the garage yesterday, it is all fixed and good as new.
I also collected a parcel from the sorting office, and surprise, surprise, it was a couple of umpires shirts sent to me by my favourite umpire, he's a good egg that lad!

A new week is about to begin ans as I look at the job vacancies that are on offer I wonder if there will be total change in the new year, this is not a bad thing is it?

Well time and chutney waits for no lady so I am off to do things.
Hopefully this week will bring lots of cricket news as it is a fairly non existant at the moment.








No comments :