Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Midweek



well its midweek and the leaves are slowly falling from the old horse chestnut tree outside the château, meaning that I will be collecting them up when this weekend.

with no crickety news and no cricket to watch I have taken to neighbour watching.

There have been some comings and goings over the season.

At no 73 'eedgit' moved in with Rebecca ( remember her?) and has been replaced with a young man who seems to spend more time back with his Mum than he does in his house.

No 75 has Bev and her son Daniel, both go to bed earlier than I do! ( wow that's early)

No 71 is Leonard, ex RAF with a very smart handlebar moustache.

No69 is the Pokemon hunter ( I know this as the local greengrocer told me so it must be true). If he isn't a Pokemon hunter then he is a vampire as he only goes out at night. His saving grace is his beautiful chocolate Labrador.

Across the other road at No 54 is the man with no front teeth. Over the summer he has had some sort of midlife crisis, grown his hair long and bought a motorbike!

No56 is Mr and Mrs Ward who have lived in that house like forever! They kindly shared some of their glut of cucumber, tomatoes and apples with me, I in turn gave them chutney.

I always do a weekly check on Leonard and Mrs and Mrs Ward, just to make sure all is well.

Although I fell that life is in slow motion now that cricket is over, It is (nosey) and interesting to watch the comings and goings as I eat dinner, although this will come to an end once the clocks change.
And change they will in a few weeks, meaning that we get an extra hour in bed over the weekend and that I will be going to and coming from work in the dark!

hurry up and get the cricket back, please.


A little speck of news is that my boys are in Abu Dhabi about to play in a T20 tournament, I hope they win or the 'Yawnshire' moaners will be tearing them apart again.


Oh well, time and waste water wait for no lady, so off I go!




No comments :