Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 October 2018

Hello Friday



well I have made it to Friday and I have a lot to do this morning before the weekend gets going.

The car goes into the garage this afternoon to be fixed so I will be racking up the steps this on the 2 mile hike home, I intend to do some foraging on the way as I have a new chutney recipe.

It's been an odd old week, where we have all seen the real impact of D Day, not what we had been led to believe and not making for a happy crew, hopefully bacon butties from 'big Al, the hungry persons pal' will help get us through today.

News in the cricket world that Nick Compton is to retire, he had had a great career.

reading his letter of retirement, it is easy to see that giving up the job you love is a difficult one.
As I read through, his pride at playing for his country shone through, as well as for the counties that he played for.

Whatever he goes on to do, I wish him well


Yorkshire had a grim day as they were beaten in the T20 out in Abu Dhabi against Lahore. It was all a little controversial decision wise, but my boys will  live to win another day.
Great to see TLJL in the squad and hitting 26, more to come from him I think.
And cricket wise that's about it.

my thoughts are on the upcoming weekend, when I have lots to do and am getting prepared for the big Xmas push.

There will be lots of cooing and baking going on.


Meanwhile I will keep this very short and head off to take in the breakfast orders.

Its Friday and I am in touching distance of the weekend.

have a good one










No comments :