Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 October 2018

Sunday calm





I missed doing a blog yesterday, mainly because I was en route to meet some lovely people who do a very worth while job.
For quite a few years now I have given clothes and toiletries to a local refuge, it is something that I think is very important, as some families have to leave their homes with nothing but the clothes they are standing in.
The ladies usually collect from me at a set point, however yesterday they asked me to meet them for breakfast.

What a wonderful morning , finding out more about what they do and why they chose to do it.
I was told how even a bottle of shower gel can make a huge difference to someone who is in a strange place with nothing to their name.

When you think that you have the worries of the world on your shoulders, this puts everything into perspective.


I fought my way home through the worst weather and got home soaked to the skin and ready for an afternoon of knitting.......................which was eventful as I undid it about 5 times and in the end gave up!

Cricket saw England finally get some play and win against Sri Lanka.They must have sent all of the rain up to the North East of Blighty.

And Saturday came to a close with an early night, I declined a dinner invitation due to not being able to summon the energy to get ready!!

Today I was up before the birds and the usual things have been going on, washing machine on, dishwasher on, slow cooker on and now time to head out for a walk and get those steps in.


Its starting to feel a lot more Autumnal!
Have a great Sunday




No comments :