Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 October 2018

Bit of cricket news



So some crickety news on this dark, cold morning here in the North East of Blighty.

Big fave of Her Ladyship, Dale 'the stare' Steyn has only gone and scored a half century on his return to the national side. Playing in an ODI against Zimbabwe Steyn hit 60 before being bowled.

And if rumours are to be believed he would like to return to Hampshire next season.................I will be booking my flight as soon as the fixtures are out!


And then there is another fave of Her Ladyship, HRR is only getting himself on 'Dancing on Ice'!
I'm not sure how I feel about this for a few reasons.
1. I don't watch any of these  'celebrity' type programmes ( and don't intend to start now)
2. Is this really the way forward
3. His fast bowlers buttocks may take a battering!

Other news is that injury prone Reece Topley is leaving Hampshire after 3 years ( most of it injured).

And then the news that Andrew Strauss is stepping down after 3.5 years as Director of cricket. Strauss took a break early season due to family reason. Although I have been scathing in his Directorship, I wish him the best in  the future.
He, however once made a comment which boosted him way up in my estimations!


After writing about what the folk in my road, it was commented that I should write a fictitious piece about what they think of me.

well most don't see me leave home during the week, at weekends they will see me taking huge amounts of  bags to the car and driving off, I am either going to the charity shop to drop off or away for the weekend.
I do make my weekend calls on the 'olds' in the street, but do they see that?

Sometime a shiny grey funky bus picks me up and I load that with bags and disappear for hours on end.

I know that when the Ferrari roars up it causes a lot of curtain twitching, as probably did the sight of me, sprinting down the road in my dressing gown on Sunday morning, chasing Miss Margot who somehow had escaped from the Deer Park and was chasing crows.
They probably have lots to say about me but hey, not the only ones!

Well time to head off to the saltmines.

have a great Thursday




No comments :