Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 October 2018

October already




And Monday too, where did the weekend go?

Well Miss Margot and I were out and about a lot as the car went to be MOT'd.

And that was fun!

After dropping the car off we had a wander through the industrial estate, the trees are all changing colour and although very pretty, we all know that the next stage is the leaf fall.
Not something that I relish with my old horse chestnut outside the chateau.

We then headed to the cafe on the estate and I hoped to get a coffee to take away, however the ladies let me take Miss Margot in  and gave her treats too.

Back to  pick up the car which was sailing through its test...............until the handbrake  cable snapped!

oh well I had been expecting something.

Back home and a snooze, then we went to see my friend Lorraine, before we settled down for the evening, all good...................


until 5.30am when the noise of a hen clucking woke us both up!
Margot went off as though a hundred burglers were in the house!
Quick check of the garden revealed that the noise was coming from next door.

The neighbours only have a chicken in the garden  living in their upturned  hanging basket seat!!!!!


walk to the park and Margot getting friendly with the local footballers before home and breakfast.

It was time for her to go home before I even realised it.
And the weekend was over!

I did however manage to make some chutney which will be donated to  The Alexandra pub in Wimbledon who are doing a free Christmas lunch for people on their own. Great idea! great pub run by a Yorkshireman!

And cricket?

Well nothing much to report so best head out of the door and start the week.

Happy Monday, happy October.

No comments :