Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Cold and dark morning






Well its a cold, dark morning here in the north east of blighty, it looks like it will be another cold day.
Yesterday was the usual freezing Monday in the office { the Dictators switch off the heating on Friday }. Lots of work to do as the auditors are now arriving next week, so there is a on top of everything else, a sense of panic in the air at the top of the tree.

Last night as I was driving home, I watched a young man racing for the bus { he was running towards the bus} he was waving at the driver and was about 4 strides from the bus stop, when I watched the driver drive away.
The young man looked as if he was going to pass out, he had been running quite a distance to get the bus and I could see that he was very distressed, so I pulled out of the turning { I was on the opposite side of road}, told him to get in the car and chased the bus to the town centre { we were are the opposite end of the town} and got the very relieved young man finally on the bus.

I do not normally pick up strangers and I guess that he does not normally get into strange cars but the sheer hopelessness on his face as the bus drove away was too much for me.
He did say that the driver was looking him straight in the face and smiling as he drove away!

At least he finally got the bus which is the main thing.

In cricket England won the third test to go into a lead.
Faf  made it perfectly clear that he will not be retiring at the end of this series and I gave a huge sigh of relief.

And of course we are now going to win this series...………………………….according to the press.

I am now off to sort out my office and get us audit ready { and not to be too smug, we are, I learnt this many years ago and have always tried to keep things in order}.

I hope that it is not too cold with you all

Happy Tuesday

No comments :