Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 January 2020

Finally Friday



And finally it is Friday and the last working day of the week, it is also the day that I would normally drop of the order with Big Al on the way to work, but as the majority of us are watching our waistlines, there surprisingly is no order to take in............I think that by 8.30am there may be a phone order put in, Mickey Dripping and Norty Morty are sure to cave.

I am looking forward to the weekend, there is some painting and some furniture moving to be done.
I am hoping that Rhys the joiner comes round next week to do some work in the kitchen and the airing cupboard.

All exciting for me, incredibly boring for you all to hear.
However this is all to get the house closer to how I want it.
I am still looking for a blind for the downstairs shower room { to replace the make shift one that I put up before Xmas}and I thought that looking in the sales was a brilliant idea...………………...wrong, I still cannot find one.
Methinks that I might be a tad too choosy!!!!

In crickety sort of news, Shane Warne, never a favourite in this house, auctioned off his 'Baggy Green cap' a most treasured item and raised over £500,000, which  is going towards  the bushfire relief fund.

Well played to Shane.

The hideous Hundred keeps popping up on my Twitter timeline, now telling me the prices...…………….no need I'm not going and if it £30 a game, I can think of a lot better uses for that money.


Josh Buttler was fined for his choice of words to Phillander in the last test and that got picked up by the stump mic.
It was amazing that some England cricket fans were retweeting the exchange with comments such as ' go on lad', 'hero' etc etc.
imagine the indignation had it been the other way round.
Sledging is never the answer.

Well as there is not a lot of news, I might as well go to work.

Have a great weekend.




No comments :